Sunday 30 December 2012

R' Pinchos's news...

R' Pinchos'l of Koritz (on of the talmidim of the holy Baal Shem Tov) once said:
I have news, I have news. If a person is in the street and is nichshal (stumbles) with an aveiroh, he should say, "Shema Yisroel Hashem Eloikeinu Hashem Echod, you are my G-d and You will help me!"

If he then sins again he should say, "Shema Yisroel etc., You are my G-d and You will help me!"

Even if he stumbles a third time he should still repeat, "Shema Yisroel...You are my G-d and You will help me!"

If the poor man goes on to sin a fouth time he should still stick to his mantra, "Shema Yisroel...You are my G-d and You will help me!"
 
No matter how far one has strayed he should always bear in mind that he is part of the Chosen Nation, and Hashem will always remain his G-d.

R' Pinchos'l added in the name of the Baal Shem Tov:
For the Yetzer Horah it is never about the aveiroh (that he caused the man to transgress) but about the depression (into which the man falls).
 
One must do proper tshuva but not fall into a depression. "You are my G-d and You will help me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment